Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Beginning


June 2005, 30 seconds out of high school, moved out(with a boyfriend...dumb.dumb.dumb), and in need for a job.

Did I know anything about hardware....? Nope. I remember my childhood hardware store though. I remember going early in the morning to get donuts and wander around aimlessly in dark and dusty aisles full of weird stuff that people seemed to absolutely need. I remember liking to go to the hardware store. At that point I was on the fence between the ice cream parlor... and the hardware store.

So how did I get a job at one. Luck really. I had conversational spanish skills (shhh not really) and I knew how to use computer register software. BAM Hired! I've never looked back since.

I should have really jumped on the blog bandwagon much earlier because I have a mountain of time to back track for the amusement and entertainment of all while simultaneously gifting the present.

1 comment: