Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hardware Wedding Projects













Everything I made myself for the wedding:

Invitations
Centerpieces
Wine Box
Arbor
Veil
Bride and Bridesmaid Bouquets
Groom and Best-men Boutonnieres
Cork Board Frame
Decorations
Stationary

The Invitations: I Printed out myself with an invitation Kit I purchased from a local Craft Store. It cost me about 90$ and was very labor intensive on the computer. I sent out over 180 invitations, but it was entirely worth it and I got a lot of compliments on them even though I didn't think people would really care to notice. No one could tell I made them myself.

Centerpieces: Thanks you thank you to the Friends of mine with an Unruly Curly Willow Tree in their back yard. They let me take two truck loads home with me. I then dried the branches out for 4 or 5 months and used them in my centerpieces and table decorations, as well as my Arbor.

I asked friends and family for spare clear vases and many came through. I also picked up a half a dozen at the local Salvation Army. For the filler I discovered a neat product called "Deco Beads", which are these tiny dehydrated balls of plastic that you throw in water and they expand and fill lots of volume. I bought tulle fabric and pretty plastic rock things that went around the vases to complete the look.

Wine Box: The Wine Box was something I read about online. You make a wine box and put two wine glasses with your wedding wine, and instead of using a guestbook you have everyone sign cards (ours were mini cards that looked like iPhones so they could leave us TXT Messages ) and throw them in the box, at the end of the night the bride and groom seal up the box and don't open it until their one year anniversary. Awesomely fun idea. I will go into extra detail on the "HOW-To" later.

ARBOR: Probably the hardest think to make was our Marriage Arbor. My husband and I, and later the Groomsmen, built it out of Bamboo poles you use in the garden to hold up trees. Then my Bridesmaids and I decorated it with Organza, tulle, and curly willow.

The Flower and Boutonnieres: These were very fun to make. You tube is the bomb! there are so many helpful videos. With a few practice runs I became a champ at the bouquet making and the boutonnieres were easy.

Veil: Hair Comb + Tulle + needle and thread + veil. SO EASY, and I felt so good wearing it because I had made it. And I used Champagne colored Tulle for an extra twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment