Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Step By Step Wedding Wine Box


All right Hardware Brides and Grooms,

The wedding wine box is a totally sweet awesome addition to anyone's wedding day to make it a little extra special. The wine box can even be turned into a crowd interactive part of your ceremony. My husband and I were thinking about incorporating it into our ceremony. If I wasn't worried about him passing out (Kinda a nervous one :) ), we definitely would have.

It goes something like: During your ceremony at an appropriate time you bring out the prepared wine box. You prepare all the guest before hand with a note card (Hopefully already filled out) and invite them to come forward to place their card and their blessing in the box. Then the bride and groom, groom and groom, or Bride and Bride, seals the box in front of all, which is not to be opened again until their one year anniversary, or however long they decide.

Because I new my Hubby wasn't going to make through a longer ceremony, we opted for a stationary wine box near the gift table, which we nailed shut at the end of the night before we left for our honeymoon. We now have it stored in a cool place and will not open it again until our anniversary. I have no idea what anyone wrote, so it will surely be a grand surprizzzzE.

I found an old wine box that was ~ 1.5 x 2.5ft, It was made from oak but the bottom was rotted out and it had no lid. I had to sand it down a lot and I replaced the bottom with plywood and made a lid from plywood. Then I stained it with a very cool Minwax product, "Burgundy", which is a water based semi-transparent stain. I added some cool drawer pull handles on the side, stuffed it with packing straw, and glued wooden letters in our last name on the lid. It came out very nice.

will add more pictures soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment