Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hardware Wedding


Ladies and Gentlemen,

I apologize for the deprivation of blogging. I am a rookie. Over the Last couple months I've been busy getting Married. But I assure you I was constantly thinking about how much Hardware I was using in preparation and I was excited about being able to blog about it.

First of all, weddings are a lot of work. Someday a department in my Hardware store will be dedicated to DO IT YOURSELF Brides (Like ME). And I will have project ideas posted and maybe even instructional classes on how to make common Marriage Gear. Seriously, I can't even stand how good of an idea this is.

Ok, so you may be thinking "How much Hardware can a Bride really need?" Considering the entire industry out in our world that is dedicated to doing everything for you. Ya know, like the planners, and the florists, and the printing, and the rentals, and the Expo's, etc.

I figured out very early on that, the formation of your dreams and everything about your perfect wedding day is controlled and limited by your budget. And I had people tell there was nothing they could do for me with my "unfortunate Budget".

RED FLAG #1: These people don't want to help me. They just want my money.
RED FLAG #2: Most of these people (Not all..) Aren't in this industry because they like weddings and want to help people. The wedding industry is a Billion Dollar a year world. AND Fuck 'em because I want no Part of it.

So after much discouragement, many burst bubbles, and a few bridezilla moments... I had an enlightenment. Am I even this girl? Have I been dreaming about this moment for years? Am I that girl that listens to Martha Stewart's subliminal messaging?

Nope. I am a Hardware Bride, an Off Beat Bride, a DIY kinda girl, who has the tools and the love and the support to Do It Myself. Which is my Perfect, My dream, and I had the Best Wedding I could have ever hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment